Friday, July 21, 2006

Rain, I don't mind, Shine, the weather's fine

I woke up to a grey world today. Don't get me wrong. I love the rains. Not unusual, because I am a water person. I love seas and oceans, and even random pools at hotels, for that matter. I love the coolness, the feel of running water, the stray misty spray on my face. Water's a tactile emotion. It speaks to you in the idiom of the sensory. Touch me and I'll wash away your muddy thoughts. Touch me and I'll tell you a new tale of hope and rebirth.

And so, I am all for days like today. Particularly days like today, when I am so full of hope and happiness, so contained with the feeling that life is perfect with all its little imperfections.

It's not often that I want to get wet in the rain. I am a stickler for cleanliness, and the idea of the squelch and the mud does not appeal to me much. But today I think I would rather like to get wet. There is something to be said for letting the water wash over your senses. It makes my nerves tingle with an obscure thrill about the life to come. It makes me feel alive.

If it rains like this all day, I don't think I would mind. In fact, I want it to take its time. I want the heavens to open up today even as I sit watching it through the huge bay windows of my office.

Today I am absolutely deserving of this weather. Rain down on me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home